Supna Shah is our first return guest and Supna shares how she uses Emotional Intelligence in raising her triplets. This method has allowed her to skip the temper tantrums that are typical of the toddler years and enstill confidence, gratitude, understanding of ones emotions and fostered a deep emotional connection to her babies.
This episode is for anyone who sees children in their future or is currently frustrated with their child’s behavior and hungry for change. However, I truly believe that anyone can find gold nuggets in our conversation.
Get your notebooks ready, as Supna shares the 5 pillars of Emotional Intelligence and a tool to implement each one.
Today’s episode is brought to you by:
Click here for more information & to join SSS!
Topics discussed on the show:
- Previous Episode with Supna Shah discussing Unexplained Infertility
- 3:00 What is Emotional Intelligence?
- 5:00 Comparing E.I. in the business world & raising children
- 6:30 Why focus on Emotional Intelligence?
- 10:00 Is the lack of Emotional Intelligence passed generationally?
- 12:00 Five Pillars of Emotional Intelligence
- 14:00 Self Awareness
- 16:00 Self Regulation
- 21:00 Motivation
- 24:00 Empathy
- 31:00 Social Skills
- 34:00 Gratitude Practice ideas
- 41:00 Working with other parents & where to start with your kids
- 44:00 Free shipping at Wego-kids.com which features 6T and smaller yoga clothing line for kids
- 46:00 Self awareness series with Emotional Intelligence experts who are also parents from around the world
- The Mother’s Wisdom Deck by Niki Dewart & Elizabeth Marglin
“I’m not sure what my kids will face in their lifetime- now is a good time to teach them how to handle things beyond their control.” Supna Shah, Founder
Connect with Supna:
- Wego Kids website
- Wego Kids Facebook
- Supna Official Facebook